7 Day A Week Access
Best Value in Northern Arizona
Give Us A CallAre you in need of mini-storage in Clarkdale or the Verde Valley? Call us today and we will answer all of your questions and help settle you into your new unit.
Top 10 Mini Storage Self Storage in Sedona AZ Tips
1. If you want to keep insects and spiders away from your valuable goods, place dryer sheets in all corners and boxes. Placing them by the front of the unit will be most effective. Not only will the dryer sheets help keep the bugs away but your stuff will smell great! (For best results, replace your dryer sheets about once a month)
2. Trapped moisture is a very bad thing for your valuables, and this can happen especially during the rainy seasons here in Arizona. To help with this issue, use cardboard and other breathable materials to store your things. Storing your goods in plastic bags and other airtight containers is an invitation for bad things like mold and mildew.
3. Organization in your space could become very important, especially if you need to get something out of a box in the back. We recommend making a row so that you can freely walk to the back. This way you can get to all of your boxes without having to take them all out.
4. Charcoal helps absorb moisture – put some in a saucepan and leave it out.
5. Store couches and other wide items on their side. Stack boxes on top of each other, with heavier and/or bigger boxes on the bottom and lighter, weaker and/or smaller boxes toward the top. You can put shelving along the sides of your unit. Shelving helps to keep things more organized. Costco sells very sturdy and strong shelving it you are looking for a great source.
7. Leaving some space between your boxes and the sides of the unit prevents mold and allows for ventilation. Putting your items on wood pallets will allow for further ventilation and protect your items in case of extreme flooding.
8. Take into account the outside temperatures and how they might affect the items you store. Electronics for the most part are very resistant to temperature changes, be careful with musical instruments, leather items, sporting gear, wooden furniture, and tools. These items may not take freezing temperatures very well so consider carefully if they may get ruined. We also are subject to temperatures of 110 and above in June so consider that as well. One more tip: allow removed items from freezing storage spaces to sit for 48 hours in your heated home before plugging them in to prevent plastic components from cracking.
9. Drain the gasoline from leaf blowers, lawn mowers and any other gas-powered machines.
10. Final smart tip: if you have the time, pack your truck backward from how you would like your unit packed. It is amazing how far a little planning will go!
If you need mini storage self storage in Sedona AZ, call today!